Question About Routing Front Brake Lines On A 1983 GS750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About Routing Front Brake Lines On A 1983 GS750E

I purchased a 1983 GS750E recently, and discovered some interesting handywork by the previous owner, who installed braided steel brake lines. The brake line that comes out of the front brake lever connects to a little black tee block, that also has the two lines connected to it that run down to the front brake calipers. The black tee block is just rattling around behind my headlight fairing. Does anybody know where that block is supposed to mount? I don't see any logical empty mounting holes in that area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Should mount to the lower triple. If I remember right it bolts to the bottom of the triple.

Comment

That is not the original fitting, it is not the same as mine, mine has two mounting points and goes on the bottom of the lower casting for the forks.
      Those two allen-head bolts on the bottom of the cast are the mounting points.

Comment

Never opened the thumbnail for a closer look. The junction for your bike should have fins on it. If you want an original I may have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
          Never opened the thumbnail for a closer look. The junction for your bike should have fins on it. If you want an original I may have one.
          I'm definitely interested in an original if you do have one. I appreciate all the help so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
            Thank you Billy Ricks for sending me the front brake line block in exchange for a small donation to the JoJo fund. You've definitely gone out of your way to help, and I appreciate that.O

Comment

Working...
            X