1980 Gs550L Wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 Gs550L Wiring Harness

I am having some trouble with my Gs 550 that I am restoring, First off I had to rebuild the carbs once again, but after that fact and I got the carbs back in, she wouldn't turn over. No lights, no spark, no nothing. I check the fuses and they all look ok. I already re-wired the rear lights because of a short. So now I am stuck, and am considering rebuilding the whole wiring harness... I know I know why not buy that one on eBay. Well seeing how I'm having some of the problems I'm having with this one I don't know if I want another old wiring harness that may give me the same problems (i.e. brittle broken wires)

So my question is this, has anyone done this and if so how difficult is it. I feel that I'm a pretty handy guy and some what good at wiring (I'm also refinishing my house that's 120 years old) so if anyone can give me some pointers I am all ears

Thanks
    J-

anyone?....

Comment

Roll the fuses and clean the connections. I got quite a scare once and the fuse wasn't making good contact and had no lights or power WTF!? Check and see where your circuit breaks. Solenoid, fuse box, ignition switch, battery, grounding issues.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I beleive Suzuki still sells new hanesses. This is the link to the dealer I use, Crossroads Motorsports. They also ship the parts to you if you want. Use the OEM parts finder.

1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
        The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Originally posted by snark
          I beleive Suzuki still sells new hanesses. This is the link to the dealer I use, Crossroads Motorsports. They also ship the parts to you if you want. Use the OEM parts finder.

http://www.xroadsmotorsports.com/
          Just called, no luck sad though I'll be in Pittsburgh on the 18th I could of went and picked it up

oh well

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366
            Roll the fuses and clean the connections. I got quite a scare once and the fuse wasn't making good contact and had no lights or power WTF!? Check and see where your circuit breaks. Solenoid, fuse box, ignition switch, battery, grounding issues.
            I may have to check the ground. I pulled the carbs out this last weekend

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X