No announcement yet.

Whats everyone getting for Miles Per Gallon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GS650L seems to go thru about 80 miles before I have to get fuel when it goes to RESERVE... when I fill up, its usually about 2 gallons or so, so I figure its about 40 mpg... But, all of my driving is within my city limits for the most part, lots of stoppage and goage.

not a very big tank on that bike... I thought only harley's had small tanks... guess not.

Comment

all city as well - i'm getting around 38MPG on my GS450. rarely goes above 35 MPH so far. i guess that's not bad for mostly idling.

Comment

I ride hard and get about 30 mpg. When I'm a good boy with my wife on the back doing highway miles I get about 35.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I once did some research on a long ride.

~60 mph => 46 MPG
          ~70 mph => 45 MPG
          ~80 mph => 39 MPG

Each tank I ran until I bumped into the reserve then took the next exit (~100 mi). I ran nonstop watching the speedo the whole way in between. No more than 1/2 mile to the gas station off the interstate. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but the results can be easily summed up.

For best gas mileage, 55-70 is all about the same. This was on a 650 GL. I expect bigger bikes suffer a little less because this one runs fairly high RPM's at highway speeds.
          Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

45.945 per my last calculation.

Comment

Better that 50 in mixed driving on my 750t. The bike is stock except windshield and has less than 12k. It was about 45 before a carb rebuild.
              Hondas
              '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
              Suzuki
              '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
              Kaw
              '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Last three gas slips showed 44.02mpg on the highway getting to the twisties, 34.32mpg at the twisties, 43.36mpg on the way home from the twisties. 83 1100E stock engine, intake and exhaust.
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

On my 260 mile round trip over the Sierras and back on my 1150, I averaged 41.6. Average speed 75 mph.
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

58mpg doing about anything I want from 50 to 80! 60mpg if I just keep it calm,but then again,WHY????

Comment

i ONLY GET 28-35 CITY AND HIGHWAY COMBINED MILEAGE.BEFORE GASOHOL I GOT 40 ALL THE TIME.10 MILES A GALLON LESS NOW SINCE GASAHOL.I HAVE K AND N'S,DYNOJET STAGE 1, AND STOCK EXHAUSTS.MY CAR GETS BETTER MILEAGE THAN MY BIKE DOES NOW.I AM PRETTY SICK OF THIS WHOLE GAS THING.TOO MUCH PER GALLON PRICE WISE AND ITS GOING TO GET WORSE,MY MPG HAS NOW BEEN RUINED,I USE THE CAR MORE NOW BECAUSE OF IT.
                      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

i've gotten 44 to 50. That's a mix city and highway driving . it all depends on fast the wrist falls sometimes it's like there is lead in there \\/ and can't figure out the problem. oh well

Comment

I average about 50 ot 55 MPG on mixed driving. I ride about 16 miles round trip to work 6 days a week.
                          1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
                          The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

I'm getting about 33 mpg on my 83 Katana 1150/1229 with GSXR carbs, jet kit pods and pipe. I think I gained 1mpg reducing the pilots back to stock 30 from 32.5. Just turned 70,000 yesturday.
                            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

60-65 mph = 45 mpg
                              70-75 mph = 50 mpg

yes, mileage increases at higher speeds.
                              1 tooth larger counter sprocket with windscreen, Everything else is stock. GR650 twin.
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2006, 06:34 AM.

Comment

About 52mpg on the highway.
                                Somewhere around 45mpg around town.

Comment

Working...
                                X