new lights clicking noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new lights clicking noise.

Ok I finally got my mini led stalkers from dennsi kirk. Now it may be the fact that they are led which can be the problem. Installing them was not an issue. Wire ground too the nut, two wires coming out., one black and one white black. I put the white black into the green wire where the old one was, I put the blk wire into the brown wire like the old one had. I get running lights, but when I go too turn with the singnal switch, it clicks and does it repitsiotusy. I have a gs 84, 1100 shaftie I am throwing this on.

I found this thread, and its the best I can come up with. Is it that fact that the new led lights are not meant too handle the auto cancelling feature like that of a dual element bulb would?
    I did switch the wires and it did short out the fuse. So I know it cant be crossed.
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ht=turn+signal
    Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2006, 06:33 PM.

I don't know about the self canceling feature but I do know that LED's wont work with your stock flasher. You need an electronic flasher for LED's

Comment

ok thanks, I thought any light would work, ill take these back then and pick up some two elelment bulbs if I can find a flasher that that has the same look. I also read up now. (stupid me) that these are singal element bulbs. So that would explain the clicking noise then I would imagine. One lead for constant light on, one lead for the flasher.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2006, 08:17 AM.

Comment

I saw some LED bulbs somewhere on eBay, and the vendor said that you had to put a pair of resistors (or whatever) inline to the indicators, so that they would work.

Comment

I called up dennis kirk and order some two filament lights, one a clear set and one amber. So it is the single element that is not suppose too be used as a running light that caused the clicking noise. He assured me these would work.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...ductId=p211664

Comment

Working...
          X