83 gs1100 L brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs1100 L brake pads

I am looking for front and rear pads. Tryed calling auto zone but the guy wasnt sure and still wanted me to pay up front. Can anyone tell me what the part number is? they wanted close to a 100 bucks for the front and the back. OR tell me where a good place to order? tryed bike bandit, and a search on ebay.
    thanks in advance

I always look for deals on Ebay. Dennis Kirk is a good on-line source.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Bikebandit has both original Suzuki and aftermarket (EBC, etc) brake pads for 83 GS1100L.

Here's the page for the EBC brake pads:

Comment

Thanks for your help I have them orderd now finding time to put them on. Hopefully it wil be a quick easy job on a saturday morning. Any hints to share?

Comment

Sure:

1) It's a messy job. You want shop rags and brake cleaner.

2) Follow your repair book instructions. Make sure the pistons are retracted when you put the new pads in.

3) I use a simple method for brake bleeding. Get two clean old peanut butter jars, and some clear plastic hose small enough to fit tightly on your brake bleeder nipples. Pour some brake fluid into the bottom of the jar, where the end of the plastic tube is hanging from the nipple down into the fluid so once you push fluid through the hose, air can't be pulled up during the bleeding process. Open up the nipple, squeeze the brake, close the nipple, pour in new fluid at the top. Repeat until the fluid coming out looks new, then keep repeating until when you tighten the nipple, the brake has nice solid action. Front brakes, do one side then the other, it make take some extra cycles if air bubbles get trapped in the system -- don't let that reservoir get empty!

Comment

Working...
          X