I need some help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help....

I am new here and I am not sure how this post thing works. However I am having major problems with my charging system . I ahve 1980 suzuki GS1000G and i have replaced the stator and the rectorfire and added an new battery and it still will not charge. Can anyone help me and tell me what Im missing? Thanks Russ[-o<

please help I cant figure it out!

Comment

check all your grounds and connections, if you can get rid of the connections by soldering them together.

Comment

http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorfacts.htm

Comment

In old bikes where the elctronics (regulator/rectifier) have gone out, I often find the connections and or wires have been so damaged by the earlier unit going out that the wiring needs to be repaired. I have found connections and grounds to be a problem that is easily remidied by just going through them 1 wire at a time and completing repairs. The wires that have required the most consistent attention are those from the r/r. The stator wires seem to be OK as long as they attach well.

Good luck

Comment

I'll just enforce what was said earlier. The biggest issue is old, cracked, burnt, connections and wires. Check everything! Prepare to spend and entire weekend going over every connector on the bike. Take off the headlight, the airbox, and go to town. Anything wire feels hard is probably burnt, restricting voltage.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

All connectors are repositories of evil.

Comment

Working...
              X