charging help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charging help

I am new here and I am not sure how this post thing works. However I am having major problems with my charging system . I ahve 1980 suzuki GS1000G and i have replaced the stator and the rectorfire and added an new battery and it still will not charge. Can anyone help me and tell me what Im missing? Thanks Russ

Originally posted by russellflem
    I am new here and I am not sure how this post thing works. However I am having major problems with my charging system . I ahve 1980 suzuki GS1000G and i have replaced the stator and the rectorfire and added an new battery and it still will not charge. Can anyone help me and tell me what Im missing? Thanks Russ
    Check your grounds and the inside of the fuse block. The fuse blocks are prone to corrosion.

Comment

along with checking all your grounds, check all your connections, and if you can just solder them all.

Comment

A poor ground connection, as already noted, is the most likely concern.

Check it for continuity, but for additional security, add another wire from the battery negative terminal to the frame. I would suggest it be at least 12 gauge wire. I use 8AWG as a supplementary ground cable.

DO check the fuse block. There is a panel on the rear that will slide off, allowing you to see everything inside. Be careful with the pieces as they can come loose.

Connections inside can corrode, and that will lead to various problems.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
        X