Lights pulse with turn signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights pulse with turn signal

Maybe someone has an answer for my problem.
    I have a 1980 GS850 which I believe is a poor ground some were.
    But can not seem to find it. When I turn the left or right turn signal on all the light pulse (head light, tail, and other turn signal).
    I hooked up a ground from the battery directly to the engine.
    It helped a little. Has anyone have an idea?
    GS850Tom

Mine also pulses a little at idle. But I run a low idle of 1000rpm. I have no issues with my charging system.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The lights pulse as I'm riding.
      Other rides have noticed as we rode.

Comment

Check your grounds and connections off your battery. Also check your battery. Are you having any problem with charging your battery?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

My gs750L only does it when Im at idle.

Comment

Originally posted by GS850Tom
            Maybe someone has an answer for my problem.
            I have a 1980 GS850 which I believe is a poor ground some were.
            But can not seem to find it. When I turn the left or right turn signal on all the light pulse (head light, tail, and other turn signal).
            I hooked up a ground from the battery directly to the engine.
            It helped a little. Has anyone have an idea?
            GS850Tom

Your charging system barely functions at idle, so the t/s relay draws good amperage. My bike does the same thing. Set your idle around 1100 rpm's and it should be minimal. You could have a questionable ground. I ran ground wires from each of my compenents on that rubber mounted panel to the engine case. This is a known trouble area. It's especially important to properly ground the R/R

Comment

I have not had problems charging the battery.
              I ran a ground from the battery to the frame, which seemed to help, but did not solve the problem completely.
              The system worked fine with no problems for years. Something happened!
              I can run extra grounds, which is a good thought, but I want to understand and find the problem.

Comment

How old is your battery?

Comment

Working...
                X