No announcement yet.

Bike died, then re-started..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whack, stick,......peel noodle,........whack, stick,.........peel noodle. LMAO

Earl

Originally posted by speedzter2000
    OK,
    Oh, and the reason why the bike died...? NO GAS...Yes, you may lash me with a wet noodle
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366
      There are two connections on the solenoid. Take a screwdriver with a rubber handle and lay it over each connection to jump the solenoid. If the starter turns every time you jump it I'd look at the starter button, if not it's the solenoid. I see these on Fleabay all the time.
      Thanks Chef...looked at the starter button..cleaned it..looks A-OK...the trick you mentioned...wont that cause the solenoid to burn out??
      Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
        Whack, stick,......peel noodle,........whack, stick,.........peel noodle. LMAO

Earl
        LOL
        Hey, Wise Guy... Any hints...lol (Thank God it was only two

Comment

That is basically what the starter button does. Don't worry.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by speedzter2000
            LOL
            Hey, Wise Guy... Any hints...lol (Thank God it was only two
            If your solenoid is turning over using the screwdriver check all wires to it and from it down to the starter.Have you looked at your starter wires on the starter itself.The connections to the starter could be causing it.Cleaning the connections on the starter could solve your problem.you can get a soleniod for a garden tractor that will work at lowes or home depot.The auto parts may be able to help you if you take it off and show them what you got.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy
              If your solenoid is turning over using the screwdriver check all wires to it and from it down to the starter.Have you looked at your starter wires on the starter itself.The connections to the starter could be causing it.Cleaning the connections on the starter could solve your problem.you can get a soleniod for a garden tractor that will work at lowes or home depot.The auto parts may be able to help you if you take it off and show them what you got.
              WOW...Thats a lot of great information!! I never thought of getting the solenoid at lowes! And, I will check the wires to the starter as well. I'll be out there soon fiddling around with it...again:-D
              Thanks again to EVERYONE for this helpful information..you guys always come up with the solutions\\/

Comment

Update

OK...here we go...again!! First off...ARGH!!!
                I checked out all the wires, and things seem OK...I decided to h3ll with it, and bump started the bike. Went for a long ride, stopped somewhere for a quick slice of pizza, left the bike running. I gobble down the slice...get on my gear, and then the bike dies ...SH!T!! So, I pushed the bike behind the building to try and bump start. Didnt want to fire up...it took me an hour and a half of going down the hill, pushing it back up the hill...I FINALLY get it going...go up into the mountains (Minnewaska) and made sure I parked on a REALLY loooong steep hill...bump started no problem...went to see a friend who said he would look at the bike to see if was the starter or solenoid...solenoid is working, starter will turn if you tap the housing with a hammer. BUT...he said the plugs were bone dry...(and said they should've been wet with all the cranking) and, the bike didnt want to fire up. He tried everything...starter fluid in the airbox, gas in the cylinder holes...everything...battery ended up dying...so, after 2 hours of screwing around with it, we both said forget it...and he had to drive me home. I was about an hour away, and thats where the bike is now. My friend (Vic) thinks that the coil may be bad along with the starter, because he said the spark was weak.
                So, Vic has a friend who owns a bike shop who is going to look at it tonight. I am already in the works of getting the starter and coil.
                So for now...no ride...again!! ARGH!!!
                Vic's a great guy, and I know he'll have it running by the weekend..it's just frustrating that this never seems to end...

Comment

Working...
                X