1981 650E What Other years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 650E What Other years

Does someone know. I am looking for parts for my 1981 GS650E. I've been told that the parts from 1981-1983 are the same. Is it true that a seat, gas tank, side panels etc. from a 1983E will fit a 1981E. Thanks in advance, And a happy new year. I suppose with this bunch of party animals all will sleep till noon and cobwebbed brains may not answer till this afternoon. Take an aspirin, drink a pot of coffee, take a cold shower. Is all that doesn't make you feel human again, go back to bed and try again in a couple hours.

Well allrighty then, guess no-body has a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by arveejay
      Well allrighty then, guess no-body has a clue.
      Well, I certainly don't know. Sorry!

Comment

Well thanks anyway, I know there aren't many around and probably not too much is known about them. Just trying to fix it up with parts from ebay and don't want to buy something that won't fit.

Comment

what you can do, is go to http://bikebandit.com/PartsBandit/ and compare the part numbers for the parts you are looking for between the years in question, using their parts diagrams.

Comment

Thanks Leon, I thought about doing that but on previous visits to bikebandit I noticed that side covers of differant colors for differant years although alike had differant numbers. I wasn't sure if a black tank for an 83 would fit where a silver tank for an 81 should be. There was a NOS tank for an 82 on ebay and it didn't sell. I offered them $50.00 plus $20.00 shipping. It had an opening for a float for a gas gauge and my 81 doesn't have a gas guage. I figured I could make a cover to cover this opening but not being sure it would fit otherwise I did not purchase the tank even though they said they would sell it for my offer. I'm going to spend more than that plus labor fixing my tank and it still won't be as nice as a brand new one. That was why I had the question. I will do a little research on the site and see what I can find out. Thanks again for the response.

Bob.

Comment

Working...
            X