Harley Pipes on a 78 GS550?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liv2wrshp View Post
    Is it hard to change the airflow? How do I guage that?
    You'd have to ask far more experienced people than I.

Generally though if it is a performance exhaust most people would go for some type of pods and then change the jetting as well.

From what I know on carburated engines, it's more of a trial and error thing than anything else.

Comment

Refer to my earlier post. I put Harley mufflers on a 440 CC Kawasaki twin and my GS850G, and I did NOT have to rejet either bike. The Harley service manager didn't think I would, and he was right. I confirmed this by using a ColorTune on my 850 after the installation.

Comment

i just finished putting on som estock harley muffs on my 750 and it sounds and runs much better than it did with the rusted/busted out stock cans i had on there. and they look much better. i used sportster muffs, got them from ebay for $22.

Comment

Was it hard? The mufflers I got are off of a 2006 HD Streetglide. Will it work?

Comment

it wasnt hard at all, i just cut off the stock muffs then took the two-into-one condensing piece off and took that with the muffler down to a friend a tire shop they streched the muffler opeing just big enough to fit over the 2-1 and then i took it home put the pieces all together and had another buddy weld them on. now it sounds great. i would think the muffs you have should work fine, but i'm no muffler expert.

Comment

Shoot, I wish you lived closer. Ha.

Comment

Working...
              X