Rear Caliper Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Caliper Question

My 82 GS750E does not at the moment have a rear brake caliper or caliper support brace. Will a caliper and support brace from another model GS750, like an L or an EZ fit my bike, or do I have to get one from a 750E? I would refer to my manual, but it's in the mail, so I figured I'd ask you guys. Thanks!

thatdood

Originally posted by thatdood
    My 82 GS750E does not at the moment have a rear brake caliper or caliper support brace. Will a caliper and support brace from another model GS750, like an L or an EZ fit my bike, or do I have to get one from a 750E? I would refer to my manual, but it's in the mail, so I figured I'd ask you guys. Thanks!

thatdood
    Check the part numbers on the bike bandit site to see if they are the same.
    I might have the parts, but the caliper will need to be rebuilt...

Comment

I think the part number is either 69100-08C00-999 or 69100-45020. I found these at www.mrcycles.com

Comment

I think the part number is either 69100-08C00-999 or 69100-45020. I found these at www.mrcycles.com
        See if thats the same one that fits a 78 GS1000...If it is, let me know and I'll check my "parts stash" when I get home tonight.

Comment

It seems as if it is.

Here's the page.

thatdood

Comment

It seems as if it is.

Here's the page.

http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

thatdood
            I'll check and see if I still have the caliper. I'm sure I have the bracket that the caliper mounts to though.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
              I'll check and see if I still have the caliper. I'm sure I have the bracket that the caliper mounts to though.

Thanks, my man. I'll check back on this post tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by thatdood View Post
                Thanks, my man. I'll check back on this post tonight.

Comment

Cool 8track,
                  I wasn't as clear as I should have been earlier. I have the mounting bracket in the top picture. I need the caliper and the torque link that connects to the frame up by the bottom of the side cover. Sorry for the miscommunication.

But anyway, how much for the caliper? And if you have the torque link, I'll take that, too.

thatdood

Comment

Working...
                  X