750 exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 exhaust

i recently put on a 4 into 1 harris pipe on ma '78 gs750e will i need to do anything else?like to the carbs or that?
    any help appreciated

You'll have to raise you jet needle and you main jet size. I suggest a Dynojet stage 1 jetting kit.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Youll need larger jets. In order to get the optimum amount of power gain out of the 4-1 youll probably have to go to filter pods too, but that isnt a necessity.

Comment

Thanks for info guys i have two more questions
        Originally posted by chef1366
        You'll have to raise you jet needle and you main jet size. I suggest a Dynojet stage 1 jetting kit.
        Do you know whats the furthest i could take it?
        And where do i get one?

Originally posted by GSstiny
        Youll need larger jets. In order to get the optimum amount of power gain out of the 4-1 youll probably have to go to filter pods too, but that isnt a necessity.
        I live in Scotland and winters here are harsh does the wet weather affect filter pods? You know like the dampness etc, i ride all year round rain & snow and sometimes dry and sunny

Thanks again guys
        Last edited by Guest; 08-17-2006, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I also ride everyday no matter the weather. I have in the past had issues with the K&N pods (on cold rainy/slushy days), however, I am now believing that problem that I was experiencing were electrical in nature (as on of my bothers from this site suggested at the time).

I have never had any trouble with the foam/sponge pods (Unifilters) no matter how bad the weather. In addition, the foam pods won't require as much carb manipulation as the K&N style.

I would help you further with jetting info. but I am not all that savy to the VM-carbs that your 78' uses. All my bikes except the 74' GT550 possess CV-carbs. You may want to send a message to Keith Krause on this site. I believe he has assisted many folks on this site with the settin'-up of VM-carbs.

However, the addition of the 4-1 header probably will not require that you switch to pod-filters. It is true that "if you want peak performance" you want to re-jet and go with pods....but if you ride like me (rarely pushing the machine to its' limits) your header will probably not increase the air flow/velocity to the extent that you will absolutely need to re-jet and "pod" your carbs. Good Luck

Comment

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

i am going for the k & n style not the foam ones
              thnaks for info

Comment

Then get the Dynojet stage 3 kit. It's worth the money cause it lessens the headaches.

Comment

cheers mate
                  basically what im looking for is max acceleration\torque with max top speed

im still a newby to all this but learning all the time
                  nice link thanks

thanks alot for all the info help so far

Comment

I like your picture of darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                      I like your picture of darkness.
                      thanks a guy in california done it for me for an online game im involved in
                      orgis is my character name i use it seems to of stuck

Comment

Working...
                      X