No announcement yet.

Carburetor gaskets &...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I got them out, and I see what you meant by a pressured fit, that one end is a little bigger than the other. And I did it using the end of the pin pulling out, and not totally forcing it.

Oh, and since one of the towers was already broken (by previous owner), I didn't go overboard.

Thanks a bunch.

Now that I have all this stuff off, what would the best solution to soak the carbs in be? I heard of some sort of acid bath, but what kind? I fear to use CLR because it says not to use it on aluminum, copper, or bronze.

do they actaully sell carb solution?

Comment

Go to Auto Zone or a similar auto parts store and pick up some carb dip. Berryman's is one brand. I picked up some made by Gunk. It'll come in a 1 gallon can similar to a paint can, and have a basket inside for you to set the parts. REMEMBER to place only metal parts in the solution. It will dissolve all rubber and plastic. You can leave the parts in there anywhere from a couple hours to overnight.

Brad tt

Comment

Originally posted by KennyJ View Post
        If you have 4 intake boots someone has changed the engine! The 4 valve TSCC 550 engine will not accept the earlier boots, no way, no how. 1982 was the last year for the old engine and dual shocks with 1983 being the first year of the full floater rear suspension, 2 2 barrel carbs and the Twin Swirl Cumbustion Chamber (16 Valve) engine.

You need to confirm what you have.

Kenny

Its an '82 on my title.... but it also says its a "RS" model".... most likely a typo, since no such rs550 exists.

Comment

Working...
        X