No announcement yet.

Tire Question: So I can't ride anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo, that 90 degree Kirk thing looks great....as soon as the bike is ever apart again....any combination of ingredients I'm aware of required at least three hands to deploy.....I could give the ball-with-a-latch thing a try but I've never gotten anything with a latch to work on any bicycle pump.....it's looking like my best out is just to buy a compressor and put whatever chuck I want on it......now what can I throw out to make room for that ???

Thanks guys...

Comment

I bought a 12V compressor that is small enough to fit in the pocket of my fairing. Then I installed a power socket on the bike. I just wired it to the accessory screws on the fuse box, and tied the wire to the frame. The wire is long enough to run to my tankbag if I want to power something for a trip, or to put in the tailsection where the tools used to reside. I have a real attitude about paying 50 cents for a little air in the tires while traveling. When the last free gas station air disappeared around home, I broke down and bought a cheap compressor for the garage.
      JP
      1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
      1992 Concours
      2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
      2007 FJR

Comment

Simple fix I did was take a air blower that hooks to my comperssor and a bicycle pump. Took the hose off the pump and connected it to my air blower. Works great cause you have a squeeze valve on the blower so you can stop and start the air.
        When you are done put the bike pump back together so the kids dont gripe.

Comment

Originally posted by fwwrcpg View Post
          ......When you are done put the bike pump back together so the kids dont gripe.
          They know how to use it???:-D :-D This is 06 man.... kids don't know anything mechanical. What were you thinking??

Just kidding.....

ghwrenchit

Comment

Working...
          X