7/8" bars what grip lenght

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7/8" bars what grip lenght

i want new grips and never changed them before so what lenght will they be?I have those big cruiser grips and I hate them.Also does anyone have the gel grips or what would you recommend?The cruiser grips are 5 1/4 but they seem to short to me.

5 1/4 is about what I have on my GS 850 bike and that's about right for the brake and clutch levers. I put a set of PRO-GRIPs on mine, they're actually off road grips, not street grips at all. I just liked 'em.

Comment

I love my "big cruiser grips" (chrome & rubber) they are 6" long.
      Got them from J.C. Whitney $23.00 the numbness in my hands from long rides is gone, and I find they look cool.

Comment

Yep, I'm gel'in

Comment

Originally posted by beby99 View Post
          Yep, I'm gel'in

What about the throttle side? I have these big foam and chrome grips but the po put them on and they come about a 1/2" away from the round piece that the rubber grips should cover,if ya know what I'm talking about.I will try to post a pic. later. Are those comfortable with that pattern on there?

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy View Post
            What about the throttle side? I have these big foam and chrome grips but the po put them on and they come about a 1/2" away from the round piece that the rubber grips should cover,if ya know what I'm talking about.I will try to post a pic. later. Are those comfortable with that pattern on there?
            In between the controls and grip? Whats up with that.The foam is so spongy that after a while I have a death grip on the grip.

Comment

Unless you plan on reusing them, just slice them and peel them off. Easy and efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by beby99 View Post
                Yep, I'm gel'in

I went shopping today and got a Hein Gericke all season jacket and a new set of progrip super grips,NOW IM GEL'IN!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X