No announcement yet.

Tire recomendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind the cheng shin tires they grip better than the originals, and fit the budget nicely. I was thinking about putting a Kenda K761 on the rear just to try it out, it's only $50. I ended up spending 20 minutes one day driving up a hill after a rain with my rear tire plugged up with mud. 1st gear 3000rpm slow progress

Comment

Just put 'new' rubber on my GS400 - but I have 18" front & rear, and bwringer was 100% correct, the choices were limited in the sizes I needed.

Back when I rode in the 70's and 80's, Dunlops were the tire to have, so I found a NOS Dunlop for the rear & they still make one that fit the front. If My budget were not constrained, I would have shopped for Avons, if they even make the right sizes.

I'm happy enough with the Dunlops, although i've had a couple of 'whups!' moments in intersections where there's a bit more oil on the road. I've laid it over till I've scraped the center stand a couple of times, so I guess they are working well enough for me. Most people would call my style 'aggresive'.

Comment

Some people on here change their own tires, I tried and I'd just assume pay somebody to do it.

I don't think that I would be comfortable using a NOS tire for anything other than a swing. Even if there's still tred on them tires have a shelf life, they get stiff, brittle, and generally degrade.

There are plenty of new tires on the market that fit our bikes, they're really not that hard to find.

Comment

Working...
        X