Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Help

Hi
    I have a problom to take the rotor center bolt off,I think its was puted with lock-tite.
    Somebody have idea ?
    Avi

what rotor? what bike? year? be more specific

Comment

Do you have an impact tool? Often these can jar loose a loctited bolt or screw.

Comment

Heat it with a blow torch and use a longer wrench or a pressure bar with a six point socket.

Comment

Originally posted by sternavi View Post
          Hi
          I have a problom to take the rotor center bolt off,I think its was puted with lock-tite.
          Somebody have idea ?
          Avi
          I mean alternator rotor
          Avi

Comment

Yes, throw some heat on there if you can - some loctites will only release with a propane torch...

Comment

if it still doesnt want loose with all the advice you received,the last way to remove it is to use a small grinder like a dremel.you grind the nut(from flatside of the nut ,less material to removed)and you grind until you see the screw thread begin to appear,then with a chisel you hit the nut to unscrew it.usualy the nut break and come a little bit loose
              i had to do it on my gs1100et alternator nut and on the front chain sprocket nut ,no way to take them off even with 3/4 drive bar

n.b if there is any magnet (stator) cover it well because there is gone be a lot metal chip

take your time

Comment

Working...
              X