Braided Steel Brake Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braided Steel Brake Lines

I want to purchase braided steel brake lines for my 78 GS750. The problem is my bike has one front disk and the lines from paragonperformance are made for a two disk bike (I think anyway, 5 hoses.

Are the hoses the same size for both bikes? Can I just tell them to omit that one hose?

Are you sure your bike has 4 hoses on the front brake?
    IIRC, you have 2, rather than 4, hoses. But I reserve the right to be wrong.
    What you will be concerned with is the length of the hoses that you require. Perhaps you could give them a call and explain? They might be able to create a custom set for your bike.

Comment

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I meant 4 lines, entire bike. 2 front, 2 back. Whereas the 2 disc bikes have 3 front.

I think I will try to find the parts to make my own though. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Yep

If they don't have them, they'll make them for you provided you send them the exact measurements and fitting angles. They did it for me and several other members. They'll also give you a discount for providing the information! They are very nice people and easy to work with.\\/
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Find a company called Galfer. I think they're in Southern California. You can google it. They make bike specific ss brake lines. Problem is, they don't sell to the general public, only through distributors. But you can get the model number you need, and ask for a vendor in your area. I did this, but wound up buying from a distributor in Texas called Sum Of All Parts. Got exact fit lines for my GS1100E in about a week complete with all hardware.

Comment

Ditto Tom, I asked some questions from a Fleabay seller of Galfer and they were willing to check for any bike. Check Ebay.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Spiegler has a nice little utility on their web site where you can configure custom lines. I don't think it gives a price right then, but someone will get back with you the next day with a quote. Their brake lines are gorgeous, and the prices are reasonable. Custom is a great option for oddball or modified bikes. The brake lines are crimped, so they are DOT approved.

Spiegler Performance Parts was founded on the concept of providing motorcycle enthusiasts custom motorcycle accessories and performance parts via inno
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Dennis Kirk sells Goodridge lines in different lengths and all the necessary fittings to put together whatever you want.

Comment

http://bwringer.com/gs/brakelines.html You are a Wonderful man for sharing this information.......God has blessed me by pointing me to this forum. HH

Comment

Originally posted by HammerHead View Post
                      http://bwringer.com/gs/brakelines.html You are a Wonderful man for sharing this information.......God has blessed me by pointing me to this forum. HH
                      "Katman" provided the text and photos for the brake line page. My server is only the humble conduit...
                      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
                      X