Newbie Gs 700e Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Gs 700e Problem?

Hi there,Ihave recently purchased a gs 700e american import which i believe they all were at this cc.All is standard except for a harris 4-1.Checked valve clearances,carbs seem fine but haven't stripped,new plugs all electricals test out okexcept for one ignition coil on output side gives a reading of 47 k ohm.The other on pots 2+3 only 16k ohm.Book says 35-50.The bike starts fine ,takes a little while to warm up but ticks over great.Revs cleanlyto 6.5-7000 in any gear but will not rev any more and this equates to about 80-90 mph in top.What should the standard sprocket gearing be could it simply be this or could the coil ,pipe ,or carb be a problem.Greatful for any help on this.
    Cheers Mick.

What color are your plugs? Sounds like a fuel issue, perhaps.
    Most certainly not your gearing, since it performs the same in any gear.

Comment

I agree, sounds like carbs to me

Comment

Sorry never mentioned plugs are correct colour,there wasn't any sort of limiter on these bikes was there?, as thats just what it feels like, it gets to the same revs but doesn't even splutter and try to go any more .

Comment

On the carb side of things they are broke down into throttle positions, not rpms. If you hit a dead spot with the full throttle than you either have issues with your main jets(clogged or too small) or your jet needle isn't rising out of your needle jet opening up your main jet which could be a diaphragm issue. Or your spark could be weak and your putting out the fire with gas at full throttle positions.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks for the info i think i'll have to take carbs off and investigate a little further.

Comment

Working...
            X