Broken starter button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken starter button

Anyone else have this happen: Went to start my bike, go to press the button and surprise, it's gone! Look around on the ground and there's the button, broken. Also involved are a small spring and a brass cap. I've tried fitting these pieces together to see if I could get her running, but I must be doing something wrong, because I'm not getting anything. Why the hell would a tiny button just break over night? Anyone have any creative ideas for setting up a different starter, or better yet, has anyone got an extra throttle assembly for a '82gs650g hanging around.

Parts

It's frustrating but not a huge deal. Those little parts are still available and sold separately. I'm sure you can get them from your dealer within a week or so and you'll be back on the road. It sounds like all you need is the button, itself.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

order parts, jump solenoid with a screw driver (battery side to little terminal) ride bike while waiting for parts, install parts, put screwdriver away.
      Last edited by rustybronco; 08-21-2006, 09:59 PM.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

find the wires that go to the starter button and temperary run two seperate wires that you can get to easily off of them and all you need to do to start is touch those wires together to turn her over.

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

As a temp fix take off and use your horn button . I think they are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Can_O_Tuna View Post
            As a temp fix take off and use your horn button . I think they are the same.
            this should work. they are the same in my 750e

Comment

Thanks all for the advice. I know it ain't much trouble to bypass, but it's a royal pia](*,)

Comment

Working...
              X