&%#^ing rear tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

&%#^ing rear tire

So after a couple of months of not doing anything to my bike, my roomate and I installed the chain. Turns out a 130 tire on the back is too wide on an 1980 gs450. All the same, this will give us time to sort out the brakes while we return the 130 and get a 120 (which we're hoping it fits.)

Search here & you'd find others that say the 130s wont fit.

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
    Turns out a 130 tire on the back is too wide on an 1980 gs450. All the same, this will give us time to sort out the brakes while we return the 130 and get a 120 (which we're hoping it fits.)
    I've an 81 GS450L & are having tires put on today Some searching here revealed that you pretty much have to stick w/stock dims (someone else here couldn't fit 130s) & seems bike rides better with stock sizes anyway. Mine is 90/90-19 & 120/90-16. Getting himaxes.

Comment

wish I knew about the forums before

yeah, the tires were purchased before I signed on here. it's alright, learn by doing, right?

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
        yeah, the tires were purchased before I signed on here. it's alright, learn by doing, right?
        Yep, best teacher in fact. I did the same sort of thing w/my Rect/Regulator... Bought an old one on ebay as a replacement, only to find out it was bad in a different way than mine... Learned (later) here to get an old Honda CM400/CX500 one.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X