Air screw screwdriver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air screw screwdriver

This should probably be in the "Tips and Tricks" section but I know a lot more people check this one out on a regular basis. If you need a little screwdriver for adjusting your air screws, a sewing machine screwdriver works great. I have 2...one is from Singer; it's very good.

The other is from Viking...and it's absolutely perfect. It's easy to hold with 2 fingers and because of the shape of the handle, you can tell how far it's been turned.\\/
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Idle screws? how important to performance

I have a 80 gs1000g I took it to a so called bike mech and he totally screwed up the carbs. He stripped one of my air/fuel mix screws and I ended up trying to drill it out. Is it possible to get the bike running good without changing that carb body? Or does that have to be changed to get good top end performance?

Comment

Air

As I'm sure you know, the air mixture is pretty important and can make a lot of difference. You might get lucky and get it set up right...it would be worth a try. If it doesn't work out, you can easily find a replacement carb body on Ebay and make the substitute.

By the way, I used to live in Oregon City...very nice town!:-D
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

where are these adjustment screws????? can someone please tell me?

edit, 86 GS 550 ef
        Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2006, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X