Bagman Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bagman Help!

Hi I just got a NOS Bagman (by Lemans, NOT VETTER) tank bag off ebay for my 81 GS850G. It is missing at least one strap/snap clip and it is not clear how the remaining straps fit up. I could just re-rig it as I have done with other luggage but would like to try first to use the supplied rigging. I can send pics of bag & rigging straps if someone out there is pretty familiar with this bag. Else I'll just "Frankenstein" it as so much else on the bike bears my "distinctive" look.

Thanks,

DH
    8-[

That's Why I REALLY Like My Magnetic Nelson Rigg!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Bagman Help!

Yeah but it messes with the chip the gov't put in my head!

DH

Comment

Originally posted by suzukizone View Post

DH
        :shock: Allrighty Then, No Magnets For You!:-D
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Wish I could help, but I have the Craig Vetter Bagman tank bag....
          sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Bagman Help!

Yeah I had one of those but it is shredding pretty badly & tho I believe I can sew it up by hand & even make it stronger it is on line behind 27,345 other things I believe I can do but never get to. So I got this one. I think I'll just rig up my own odd strapping set up as the Vetter harness has no resemblence to the Lemans Bagman type.

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              That's Why I REALLY Like My Magnetic Nelson Rigg!
              Originally posted by suzukizone View Post

DH
              Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              :shock: Allrighty Then, No Magnets For You!
              lmfao...

the GSR truely is an International Mental Asylum without walls ffs...\\/

2ff

Comment

Bagman Help! Finale

No Walls? Mine are padded.

Anyhoo, I finally got someone at Lemans Corp. & tho she expressed doubt she could help me I told her to find a bald paunchy old guy as they are the ones who know where the archive files are. Within minutes I rec'd a fax of the installation instructions.

Well tonite I tried it their way, didn't like the setup for my bike & redid the strap system to match my own vision of Visigothinan psycho-metaphysical design as I should have done in the first place. Looks swell just waiting for a road test.
                Thanks for all the comments, etc. :-D & \\/

DH

Comment

Working...
                X