need help oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help oil pressure

got an 83 rebuilt new pump all good stuff slowly oil droped to none now it sits also clutch baskes spaceing i think is got extra spacer hfu2@yahoo.com al

Uh, What? .

Comment

oil

sorry kids and wife ... need help no oil pressure it left after a few rides no noise just really hot ..and need clutch spacer lay out think i have extra spacer in my bascket its 1983 gs1100 now 1261 all new

Comment

UH?...Again... What is the oil pressure on a gauge at the specified RPM? GS1150's only have 5-8psi at 3000rpm spec. But have massive amounts of volume moving throughout the engine, thats why if you have an oil leak they pump it out quickly. Invest in a maintanence manual with quality specifications on the particular engine and model you have. It will give you your oil pressure specs along with the layout of how the clutch is installed properly and were the shims and bearings need to be. This could all be tied together with your oiling problem.

Comment

Also...does this have an external oil cooler on it? Are there provisions on the block for one? (bolts in the front of the block opposite each side of the filter housing?) If they are there and you don't have a cooler you may want to invest in one. Simple installation.

Comment

oil

it has 750 pump gears new pump at first run off the scale then slowly days later nothing it has top end oil kitno cooler yet its on the way ,i think im just going to use it for part any one have an 83 gs engine ? also has ape clutch and all goodys . cace was opened to take 1261...i have photos on photobucket under 1261fatty

Comment

Working...
            X