Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy Crankshaft Woes with Pictures of My Misery

Problem solved
    Last edited by Guest; 07-14-2007, 10:03 AM.

WOW,.....forget the crankshaft,.........that camera of yours takes great closup pics!

..................what brand and model is it?

.......PS,.sorry about your woes also.

Comment

Canon G6

The camera is a Canon G6 7.1 Megapixel Digital. It rivals 8 Megapixel SLRs and takes fantastic pictures, these were done on automatic close-up settings. If I bothered to read the manual I could have attained even better results. ~Gene

Comment

Oh man, that's ugly. :shock:

Comment

Probably cheaper to find a parts bike with a good crankshaft, lookin' at that one...

Comment

starter clutch

by the looks of the gouging on the crankshaft.
            i see cutting torch marks as if some one cut a starter clutch off, because they did'nt know how to remove it .
            i'd put amother frank in the engine.
            most likely the old one will be outta round and possibly eat a starter up next.[-o<

Comment

Gene, unfortunately you are going to have to replace the left end of the crank. The area that is chewed up is where the taper of the alternator rotor fits. The rotor must be perfectly centered on the end of the crank as it is heavy and is part of the rotating assembly of the crank. You will also need a new rotor. The starter clutch bolts onto the back of the rotor and is removeable. You will probably find that the starter clutch pieces are OK and your cranking problems were caused by the rotor being loose on the crank. With the low mileage you have on the motor, I would lean toward keeping the crank you have and just have the left end replaced.....BadBillyB

Comment

Working...
              X