Lived, Died, Ressurect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lived, Died, Ressurect?

After an extensive carb clean/rebuild I wheeled my bike out into my driveway to allign the carbs. My GS550L Looked very good, and I got it started first try! I was so happy. I Hooked 4 tubes to my carb vacum lines and turned it back on agian. easy start. I aligned the 4 carbs to eachother, but the idle was strangely running at about 4,000 rpm... I navigated my hand around the carbs to the idle adjustment screw and turned it... and not much happened. I turned it back and forth, and It did change it after a while, but not much. I then wiggled it and the idle speed went way down. It was going to probably die, so I tried giving it gas while turning the idle back up. Well, it did stop running...

ummm... I can't really get it started again. I put the screw back to 1 1/2 turns out from all the way in again, and "mis-aligned" my carbs to see if that was the prob.

The first time I start it after a long time, it gives me a chug or two, then just that dreaded starter noise with nothing going on....

I recharched the battery, but still nuthin.

Dumb idea maybe, but did you plug your vacuum line when you did the carb synch? I know from experience that if you don't plug it and synch the carbs you'll be revving through the roof when they all match up......

Comment

Plug the vacuum line? On the bike, or on the syncronizer?

I hooked all four lines of the sync to the holes that are on all 4 manifold boots.

I have a 4 guages syncronizer that goes from 1 to 30, not a murcury. am I supposed to cover the air lines going into the engine? wont that really kill it?

Comment

Sounds like your synchronizer is hooked up correctly. But there is a vacuum line that runs from your petcock assembly to the carbs. If your tank is off, and you leave that vacuum line open without a plug, it will mess up your synch. The rest of the lines you can leave alone.
        Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2006, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X