Do I have Intake Boot o-rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have Intake Boot o-rings

Having recently put my carb's back on, and reading all the advice to renew the intake boot o-rings, I was concerned mine were bad. But looking at it, I don't think this 1982 GS1100E uses them. Am I correct?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2007, 06:33 PM.

You are correct!

Those boots can get hardened and cracked, especially the two on the inside that get hotter than the outside two, but they do not use o-rings.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Note to self

Note to Self:
      next time buy a suzuki that doesn't have intake o rings - What a sweet thing that would be :-D

Comment

Originally posted by usin13 View Post
        Note to Self:
        next time buy a suzuki that doesn't have intake o rings - What a sweet thing that would be :-D
        cause it's so hard to change the intake orings
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Originally posted by brveagle View Post
          cause it's so hard to change the intake orings
          Everything is hard when you are new to these bikes and motorcycle mechanics in general. It might be easy for you, but it takes me a better portion of a day to take the tank, airbox, carbs, boots, fix the o rings and put it back together.

Comment

Everything is hard when you are new to these bikes and motorcycle mechanics in general. It might be easy for you, but it takes me a better portion of a day to take the tank, airbox, carbs, boots, fix the o rings and put it back together.
            Amen brother. I felt that way too when I first started. Shoot some thing still take me way longer than they should, but you'll get better Isn't that the point?

I got rid of the stock airbox after the first time I tried to put it back on :-D That's a massive pain in the rear

Comment

piece of cake. i can have those boots off in 5 minutes

Comment

my apology's, i came off a little rough...

Both time's I changed mine intake orings, i had the motor already pulled...

Couldn't break the screws loose any other way.
                1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Working...
                X