Another clutch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another clutch question

When the cover for the shifter is off, when you push on the "push rod" (solid rod that butts on the centre of the clutch basket) by hand what should happen? There is very little movement, I thought this would seperate the discs when pushed. Am I fried or what? Thanks S.

Originally posted by stinky View Post
    When the cover for the shifter is off, when you push on the "push rod" (solid rod that butts on the centre of the clutch basket) by hand what should happen? There is very little movement, I thought this would seperate the discs when pushed. Am I fried or what? Thanks S.
    Pulling out on it is what the clutch does to disengage.Thats where your clutch pinion gear shaft is connected and when you pull in on the clutch it pulls out on the center shaft you are talking about.

Comment

I pulled the push rod out, there is a spring on the clutch side. I don't think it should be wrapped around the end of the rod. Look at the picture please.

Comment

Go to the AlphaSports schematics, It looks, to me, that that spring on your clutch push rod is right wear it belongs.

You won't be able to push the rod by hand to seperate those plates. The tension on the clutch push rod spring plus all 6 clutch springs is pushing against you.

I think tconroy is advising you thinking of his engine which has the clutch actuating mechanism on the right side of the engine instead of on the left like yours.
        Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2006, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
          Go to the AlphaSports schematics, It looks, to me, that that spring on your clutch push rod is right wear it belongs.

You won't be able to push the rod by hand to seperate those plates. The tension on the clutch push rod spring plus all 6 clutch springs is pushing against you.

I think tconroy is advising you thinking of his engine which has the clutch actuating mechanism on the right side of the engine instead of on the left like yours.
          Yes I am and that is wrong!!! Sorry for that.Did not see what year bike it was till now.

Comment

Working...
          X