Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Pipes

Hi,
    I tried search, but nothing really popped out at me...

I was wondering if anyone knew of any aftermarket straight pipes to replace the stock GS850 silencers. The downpipes are fine, I don't need to replace them, but the silencers are rotted and I would like to either replace just them or (preferably) replace them with pipes.

Thanks!

Try looking at the following - several of us have adapted aftermarket mufflers, I'm sure we can give you all of the help you need! 8)

Comment

good info.

it sounds like I can just buy the universal pipes from JC Whitney and somehow slip them on to the existing downpipe...

Am I right?

Comment

Well your close ... you will have to do some minor surgery to remove your old mufflers (they are actually part of the #1 and #4 header pipes) - not that difficult. All of this information is only accurate if you still have the stock exhaust on the bike now 8)

Comment

try to look up AAF017565U or AAF017566B if you don't have a catalog

Comment

I saw that black ceramic exhaust coating in another post. Do you think it could be used on the chrome megaphones to make them black? :?

Comment

Yes clone it will , you may wish to scuff up the chrome with some wet'n'dry first to give it something to grip onto though.
              Dink

Comment

Thanks Dink, is that rack of yours a commercial one or a homemade?

Comment

It is commercially available in Australia, it is called Gearsack.
                  If you want one you can get them from www.maw.com.au just remember in Australia if your GS has 16 valve heads it is called a GSX.
                  Dink

Comment

Working...
                  X