Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980 GS1100E Gas tank...What hoses go where? HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1100E Gas tank...What hoses go where? HELP!!

Can anyone tell me what hoses go where?

There are three hoses that are coming from the carbs. I know that the middle one is the main gas hose. But the one on the left and right of that hose has me confused.

HELP!!! :-)

Rudi

Re: 1980 GS1100E Gas tank...What hoses go where? HELP!!

Originally posted by Rudi
    Can anyone tell me what hoses go where?

There are three hoses that are coming from the carbs. I know that the middle one is the main gas hose. But the one on the left and right of that hose has me confused.

HELP!!! :-)

Rudi
    They are vent hoses. The manual shows the routing to be up an over the air box.

Comment

Really?

Moto Dan,

Are you saying those hoses (the left and right ones from the main gas hose) are NOT supposed to be hooked up to anything?

Comment

Re: Really?

Originally posted by Rudi
        Moto Dan,

Are you saying those hoses (the left and right ones from the main gas hose) are NOT supposed to be hooked up to anything?
        I'm saying one end is connected to the carbs and the other end is not connected to anything.

Comment

Should be a 4th smaller hose, it's actually a vacum line that operates the vacum operated fuel shut off

Comment

hoses

There are 4 hoses that your talking about, one is the the main feed to the carbs, the small one is a vaccum line from one carb to the the fuel shut off valve and the other two are breather lines (R&L) from the carbs, make sure they are open. These two lines need to be open and free for the carbs to operate correctly.
            They DO NOT hook up to anything, they should be routed under the two seat latch posts there.

Bill

Comment

Thank you, Bill! 8)

Comment

Working...
              X