help........i am going nutts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help........i am going nutts

no, i cant find any body that carries parts for my 78 gs1000. i need new springs and seals for front forks and i wanted a set of new rear shocks. any help would be thankful ....

Calm down...take a few deep breaths. Feel better?

Welcome to the sometimes frustrating world of vintage bikes. There are not a lot of OEM parts for the '78 GS1000. You could try www.bikebandit.com, they might be of some help. For those springs and shocks, you should consider getting Progressives. Available form bikebandit, and other sources.

For the rest of your needs, there's always ebay. And you can also post your wish list in the classified section here on the GSR. Happy Hunting.

Comment

I got mine from Dennis Kirk heres the link to what you need.

Hope that helps. Mine is like a whole new bike with the improved suspension.

Comment

thanx, they had alot of stuff to fit my bike w/ pretty good prices\\/

Comment

I didn't have a problem for mine. I go to my local Suzi' dealer and they get be what I need.

Sometimes a little romance would be nice before they bend me over the parts counter and grudge fvck me, but at least I get my parts.

Comment

Dang Billy, that's graphic
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              Dang Billy, that's graphic
              Boy tells it like it is!

I have a head gasket downstairs that cost me $78. And they didn't even respect me in the morning!
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

It would be a little better if it was a sludge fvck\\/
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I went to my local Suzi shop with a huge wish list of parts for my 1000 & my 1100. When I mentioned bikebandit.com to the guy behind the counter, he frowned and said he couldn't beat their prices. He did agree to match them, though! I didn't get the AMA discount, but I saved on the shipping. Moral of the story...don't be afraid to "negotiate"

Still, it doesn't matter what source you use, discontinued is just that.

Comment

Z1 Enterprises has a big selection of GS1000 parts AND great, quick service.
                    Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

$39 PER intake boot! I haven't checked bike bandit, but I think I can do better.

Comment

Working...
                      X