Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need headlight ears for a 1978 GS 1000: will others work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need headlight ears for a 1978 GS 1000: will others work?

I am wanting to take the fairing off my GS 1000 and replace it with a headlight. Will fork/headlight ears from other models work? Thanks!

Do you know the diameter of the fork tubes? If they are 37mm I may have a set that will work. Check the diameter and the length between the upper and lower triple tree.

Comment

headlight ears

Hello--my forks are of 37 mm diameter; and the length between the upper and lower triple tree is about 7.25 inches.

Thanks for your message!

Fred

Comment

I did some digging and didn't run across them. I seem to remember letting them go with the stock front end I sold to a guy a couple of years ago. Parts from '83-'85 GS770/750's should work for you. GS1100 parts should be the same. I'm not sure about fork diameter on 1150's, they might work as well. Sorry.

Comment

Just measured my forks today on the 1150 and they are 37mm

Comment

I got a pair from Lockhart for my 78 GS1000 that are billit aluminum, looks real nice but there is no turn signal mounts with them.

Comment

Hey spuddy. I've got a pair of ears off of my 1980 GS850G floating around the garage somewhere. Don't know if they would fit your application, but you can have them for shipping costs if you want (if I can find them). Should be around 10 bucks I would figure. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Comment

ebay

some are listed on ebay for $24.99 + $8.75 Shipping

Comment

Working...
                X