Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 GS 450 - no brake light on front brake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS 450 - no brake light on front brake!

Wow, what a surprise!

I bought a new master cylinder from a great guy here on the forum, and when I installed it, I realized that the rear brakelight switch on my old one was missing! There was literally no switch on the cylinder assembly!

So anyway, I have this new one now, but I'm not sure where to connect it on my bike so the rear brakelight will light. I looked through my Clymer guide, but I didn't see any relevant pictures. Can anyone give me a visual description, or maybe take a picture?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry I can't give you a pic but I've never figured out how to post them on the site and my camera is on the fritz also.
    As long as your wiring harness isn't butchered, just plug the wires from the new switch into the matching wires tucked into your headlight bucket. Orange to orange. White to white.
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

I didn't see any "free" plastic plug-things in the wiring harness. What do they wire to?

Thanks for your response, by the way!

Comment

Nevermind, I ended up doing a trace on all the wires and found where they had been severed. Thanks again for your response!

Comment

Working...
        X