Progressive shocks question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressive shocks question

Ok, I bought these shocks from another forum member about oh.. Well, it's been a while.

Anyway, I need to get springs for them for my 550 project bike, so I went looking this evening, but I"m a little confused.

The part number on the box is 14-1283B
    I'm taking that as it is a 14 series (as indicated on the box) 1283 is the actual shock assembly type and B is for Black.

That being said, I should be looking for 14 series HD springs, and I've found a few.

However, when actually looking at the shock bodies they are stamped with 1253, which may lead me to believe what is in the box is not what came in the box.

Before you go too much further with blaming someone for selling the wrong part, I got these for a really good price and I am NOT complaining, I just need to make sure that I get the right springs, and that these will in fact work on my 550.

Does anyone know if the number stamped on the actual shocks is in fact telling me that this in not what was shipped in the box? (and actually according to progressives page I should be after a 14-1282B anyway)

And where can I find information by part number on progressive shocks. Their web page has a nice wizard to go from what bike you have to what part you need, but nothing going from their part number to what all bikes it will fit.

Amos

I had a similar problem when I ordered shocks from Bike Bandit and what showed up was different from what I ordered. After much hassel Progressive called and was very helpful in getting things straightened out.

The number I have for them is (760) 948-4012

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
      I had a similar problem when I ordered shocks from Bike Bandit and what showed up was different from what I ordered. After much hassel Progressive called and was very helpful in getting things straightened out.

The number I have for them is (760) 948-4012
      Thanks, if worst comes to worst, I'll give them a call.

At one point while I was researching I wasn't even sure that these are progressive shocks due to not the full part number being stamped, etc.

And considering I can't find that stamped number anywhere in regards to Progressive. Unless it is say an older/discontinued model, that is the equivelant to something else. *shruggs*

Thanks for the info.

Amos

Comment

have some pics of the shock maybe we can help idendify them how about a eye to eye measurement as well.

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
          have some pics of the shock maybe we can help idendify them how about a eye to eye measurement as well.

-ryan

Eye to eye (center to center) 13"

Pictures:

Sorry this is so blurry:
          (text:
          M2098A
          Made in Mexico
          )

Amos

Comment

Working...
          X