Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master cylinder piston assy

No, It's not stuck!!!

Got the braided brake lines today, so thought I'd check out the front master brake cylinder. Whoops! Forgot how it goes back together. The following picture is my best guess. I'm not too sure about the direction of #6 and #7. Does the cup side of both pieces face to the right? (square side of #6 and flat side of #7 to the left?)

I'm hoping someone can bail me out again. I checked old posts with no luck, and my shop manual is not too clear on this assembly.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2007, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks beby99. That's a better picture than I've been able to find. It seems to confirm that I have the order pretty much right. I'm still not too sure of which way the seal #7 faces.

Comment

Yea, can't seem to find a pic of #7....guess you got a 50/50 shot at it.

Comment

Thanks for the help, brakes work great. I do have a very slow drip now from the bottom of the master cylinder. Looks like a designed hole just aft of the brake light switch. Mabe a pressure relief mechanisim. I put a diaper over it (wadded paper paper towel and tape) and will keep my eye on it for now. I'd hate to have to resort to trying to plug it with a tooth pick

I'm going to order some new parts for the front and rear master cylinders before too long. I still need to take the Calipers apart also. But I went for a little longer ride today and it was great!

Comment

Working...
          X