forward controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forward controls

is it possiible too mount forward controls on an 83 1100? if so who has done it and how did they link up the clutch . I took a look at the cost of them and too do the mods. I don't want too throw down 300 too 400 for the extra hassels. Just too get the chromed hardware. then too figure out how too make the mounts too the frame. (bolt on). I will stick with the highway bars for now. Try that nate.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-10-2006, 10:25 AM.

I will be interested in any replies....I have noticed that my legs cramp up a bit when Im riding, and I want to stick them out as if onto highway bars...let me know if anything comes your way!

Comment

This is the best example of custom made forward controls for a GS that I've seen on the GSR. Unfortunately, Banjoman, the member who made these for his bike no longer posts on the site. Ron Bayless is a member who has been experimenting with forward controls lately, so you may want to contact him. But read THIS THREAD first.

Comment

I thought that maybe somebody allready came up with a set like dennis kirk or jc whitney or j and p cycles.

I can make them no problem there. I cant make them pretty is all. I have the torch and welding equipment too do the actual parts. I even started some myself but gave up on them when I found out I can't afford a cheap way too make them look good. I didn't want too rattle can em and I didn't want too make an oven too powder coat em.

I ll show you.
        takeing pictures
        all it really is a tube inside a tube with tight tolerances. The other tube ring is pinned too hold them in place. Then you just weld on your tabs and bend your tangs like your clutch arm and your brake arm too accept your new linkage tabs.
        Last edited by Guest; 09-10-2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyg View Post
          I thought that maybe somebody allready came up with a set like dennis kirk or jc whitney or j and p cycles.

I can make them no problem there. I cant make them pretty is all. I have the torch and welding equipment too do the actual parts. I even started some myself but gave up on them when I found out I can't afford a cheap way too make them look good. I didn't want too rattle can em and I didn't want too make an oven too powder coat em.

I ll show you.
          takeing pictures
          all it really is a tube inside a tube with tight tolerances. The other tube ring is pinned too hold them in place. Then you just weld on your tabs and bend your tangs like your clutch arm and your brake arm too accept your new linkage tabs.
          I HAVE SPENT A GREAT DEAL OF EFFORT AND TIME TRYING TO MAKE FORWARD CONTROLS, AND CAN TEEL ANYONE INTERESTED HOW TO DO SO.I GAVE UP ON SPLINED COUPLERS,AND WITHOUT THEM I COULD GET THE PROFESSIONAL LOOK I WANTED TO MAKE AND MARKET THEM.BUT I CAN TELL YOU ALL HOW TO GO ABOUT IT AND YOU CAN MAKE ALLOWANCES OR CHANGES.I CURRENTLY AM USING HIGWAY PEGS THAT I MADE THAT WORK ABSOLUTELY GREAT,GIVE ME 13 AND A HALF MORE INCHES OF LEG ROOM, AND ARE EASY TO MAKE AND NOT TOO EXPENSIVE.HOME EMAIL IS crusierlover02@aol.com. RON BAYLESS WRITING THIS
          future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Working...
          X