Headlight, part nos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight, part nos.

Does anyone know what type of headlight my '78 550e uses? Also, is there some sort of a database of replacement parts I can look up?

Try BikeBandit.com. They have an exploded view parts listing by bike. Look under OEM.

Comment

The link for your bike is at http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandi..._id~988017.asp

There are two different types of headlight, Stanley and Koito. One of them would be right for your bike. They both appear to be sealed beam headlights, and should be easy to replace. You might find a replacement at an auto parts store.

Comment

Hmmm...the stanley headlight is listed as being discontinued. Would the part number be on the head light itself?
        Last edited by Guest; 09-16-2006, 01:15 AM.

Comment

The original headlight didn't have a separate bulb like halogen headlights, but the headlight itself is the bulb and contains sealed lighting filiaments. All you need is a standard sealed beam headlight. Measure the diameter of the headlight shell and see if the auto parts store has a dual filament (high and low beam) round sealed beam headlight to fit. The part number doesn't matter.

Comment

These people have the actuall part #s your's I think used the odd ball size headlight
            Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

you could also get a H4 headlight assembly for an upgrade from JCW motorcycle or lots of other places

Comment

Working...
            X