honda r/r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honda r/r

I just got a honda regulator for my gs750l. I want to make sure that I have no shorts before I install in. I tried to modify the benchcheck for the suzuki, but had not luck. Is the removed bench basically the same, and I have another bad one or is there a step or something different that has to be done. I'm just trying to eliminate things from my problems. Once I Verify no shorts at the fuse box should I just check output from the stator, hook up the rectifier, and then check voltage across the battery without bothering with the bench check?

Yes

That's what I would do!:-|
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

that's for the reply. I was starting to feel neglected. I just got a funny feeling about the r/r I just bought. was hoping to at least get it to pass a bench check. I know it could still malfunction after it heats up

Comment

Yeah

Yeah, just check out your voltage right when you install it to make sure you've got it hooked up right and you should be fine. If you do a search, you'll find lots of information regarding the wiring of a Honda R/R. Good luck!:-D
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Remember the green is ground & black is voltage sensing easyest to hook to the hot side of the brake light

Comment

I've read a lot of posts about hooking the honda rect. up. I have a switched headlight and am not quite sure about the hookup with the harness white/green and harness red/white. how are those wired? if the headlight disapates the voltage what happens if it is bypassed? I've been fighting shorts and bad connections for weeks. I don't know what caused what. I do want to make sure all shorts are gone, and definately not create any new problems. I've read two different ways and don't know the correct way with a switched headlight. And explanation is nice, but just the correct way is all I ask. By the way, gs750l 1981. probably cb400 series type honda rectifier. help! Billy

Comment

the switched also, black. different post. different analogy. brake light only lit when brake hit. switched orange wire hot at turn of key. that would seem to be the best method. switched at fuse box?

Comment

anybody figure it out yet

Comment

Working...
                X