Gs 700e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 700e

Can anybody help before i spend some money.Standard airbox, jetting, except for a harris 4-1.Spent some time setting mixture screws did leak test but it idles loveley anyway-1100rpm no up and down just steady.Problem i have is about 6000 rpm in top gear the rev counter starts to go up and down( as in the needle on the gauge)and the engine seems to start what i can only describe as a misfire for about the last 1/4 throttle position.Could the ignitor box cause this?Is this where the rev counter works from?or am i looking at a fueling problem, although with a plug chop they look o.k maybe very slightly light but i dont think that bad.

Any help appreciated cos this is really spoiling an otherwise good bike-Starts first time every time gives around 55 mpg.Was thinking of an aftermarket ignition set up if it is the box.But not sure with the symptoms.

PS Its a GS 700E done nearly 28000 ,if its genuine,doesnt use any oil ,have checked valve clearances etc.
    Thanks Mick

I think I would be wondering about coils. Considering it is a GS we always go first to carbs but your talking about running on the mains. My limitied knowledge of bikes and cars leads me to believe that when you are over 5 grand and you have a problem it is not an adjustment issue but a real basic issue.

Comment

Already changed the coils and leads and plug caps from a 1200 bandit that i know are good.
      Thanks for the idea anyway.

Comment

the only thought I have is that you need bigger mains to compensate for the 4 to 1 pipe you may be running too lean what are plugs reading? I have stage one jet kit on my 700 4 to 1 pipe and k&N drop in filter so I am running basically the same setup as you and I have good power through the range.

Comment

Working...
        X