carb ???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb ???????????

on the bowl side of the carb i noticed that there was a round rubber (flat) ring on two of the carbs and two were not there . are these neccessary. Thanks Dan :twisted:

Are you referring to the black, rubber washer sometimes found underneath the bowl gasket?

Comment

Yes that is the one.Thanks for any input. Dan

Comment

Carb ??????

Yes that is what i'm talking about. Thanks for any input. Dan

Comment

Dan, I've probably rebuilt a dozen (or so) sets of carbs for these ole suzi's and I've seen some sets with them and some sets without - the recess they set in helps seal the plug that they cover (if the plug is knocked out you'll have a direct passage from the intake barrell to the float bowl). I have never had a leak in the carbs without them - the float bowl gasket does a good job of sealing the recess. I will admit, however, that I have not left out any washers that were originally there, I always replace them. Maybe one of the other members can give you a better answer .... 8)

Comment

This rubber plug ensures that the pilot circuit picks up from the main jet's orifice. This was considered important by Mikuni from the standpoint that the center of teh carb no matter what angle the bike is at will always have the same float level. This in theory would keep the carbs sucking fuel while going up hill. Remember that the hole that feeds the pilot from the main (the angled hole) is an area for Vacuum leak on the mains too if going up hill.

So therefore if your float level is low, and or you are going up a hill steep enough to let the level of fuel expose the pilot jet tube you will stop feeding fuel to the carb and start sucking air.

FYI We stock these plugs at all times.

Hope this helps

Comment

Dan, there you go - an explanation from someone who really knows what he's talking about ... 8)

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I will be tearing the carbs down again, to see if i missed anything. All the plugs are way to lean. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again, Dan 8)

Comment

Working...
                X