Finally, my turn: IT LIVES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, my turn: IT LIVES!

Got my carbs on after a thorough rebuild and she's purring like a kitten! Well maybe not quite, but I haven't fine-tuned the mixture screws yet (just wanted to get out and RIDE it!). Plus I have WAY too much SeaFoam, MMO, and other fuel treatments in the tank from when I attempted to clean the carbs without taking 'em off. It'll probably run totally different once I've burned through that.

Anyway, I got it started, backed it out, put it in gear, and it died. Crap! Messed with the clutch adjustment, but there was still a little drag. But just when I was about to decide the clutch was trashed, I read a post here that said a little drag was normal.

So I re-adjusted according to the book, hopped on, and rode off. Everything worked perfectly! Didn't go far since I don't have my full endorsement yet and I'm not supposed to ride after dark, but I figured a few celebratory laps around the block would be OK.

Thanks so much to everybody here! This forum has been invaluable.

wtg m8

congrats.....\\/

Comment

Wow. I thought it was running good when I started this thread, but #4 wasn't sparking at all. After a new set of plugs it's running AMAZING. What a difference! This thing is scary!

Comment

Congrats. It took me two years to get my bike to run decently. Its a good feeling when it finally runs good.

Comment

Working...
        X