Crankcase emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crankcase emblems

Hi all, does anyone happen to have the part numbers for the "Suzuki" and "TSCC" emblems that go on the left and right crankcase covers respectively for an 82 GS 750 or 1100? They were a black background with chrome letters. Thanks in advance.
    Doze.

'82 GS750EZ Contact breaker cover emblem 68235-49500
    '82 GS750EZ Generator cover emblem 68233-49500
    '82 GS1100EZ Contact breaker cover emblem 68235-49500
    '82 GS1100EZ Generator cover emblem 68233-49500

Hap

Comment

Crankcase emblems

Thanks Hap, that makes it real simple.
      Doze.

Comment

What's the best way of getting them off? I would probably drill a hole in them near the centre. That way I could jam a screw driver under them and pop them off without damaging a visible part of the case.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

Steve I've just used a small right angle pick tool in the past. Just carefully scribe around the edge slowly working the pick under the emblem. Once you get the edge up a bit you can slide a narrow putty knife in there and just lver it off. Works like a champ every time.
          Doze.

Comment

If you are looking for the replacement emblems try
            vintagesuzuki@attbi.com
            Paul Miller Motorcycles in Conn. has tons of NOS Suzuki parts. I have even been able to find parts here for my GT250 8)
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Does Paul Miller cycles have a webpage?

Earl

Originally posted by crag antler
              vintagesuzuki@attbi.com
              Paul Miller Motorcycles in Conn. has tons of NOS Suzuki parts. I have even been able to find parts here for my GT250 8)
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

At this time I don't believe he has a webpage , but if you e-mail him a list of what you are looking for,he is usually pretty quick with a reply. When I send him an email with the parts numbers , they were pretty quick 8) . You can also call them @ 1-800-828-1220
                Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                2000 Kawasaki Concours
                Please wear ATGATT

Comment

vintagesuzuki@attbi.com
                  And to think I did it the hard way by painting it black and then carefully scraping the paint off of the raised letters with a razor blade! :?
                  Kevin
                  E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                  "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                  Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
                    vintagesuzuki@attbi.com
                    And to think I did it the hard way by painting it black and then carefully scraping the paint off of the raised letters with a razor blade! :?
                    Hey, "A" for effort,man. I probably would've done the same...

Comment

stickum?

So what do you use to adhere the emblems to the engine covers?

Comment

The new ones come with adhesive on them, if you're reusing the old ones, 3M's super weatherstrip adhesive works well. Just make sure to get the black not yellow. (asthetics only). A spray on contact adhesive also works.
                        Doze.

Comment

Emblem search

Try EBay for them. I just put a set on my 750EX That I got there.

Comment

Okay, Hap. You did such a good job can you find the part numbers for a '77 GS750?

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by TheNose
                              Okay, Hap. You did such a good job can you find the part numbers for a '77 GS750?

Terry
                              The part number for the whole bike is 1977 GS750B...oh, you mean the emblems! I will try and find out!

Hap

Comment

Working...
                              X