Vacuum Hose/Fuel Petcock Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Hose/Fuel Petcock Issue?

Hi everyone, I was told by the former owner of my GS750 that he replaced the oem fuel petcock with an aftermarket model that is slightly different. This one has two fuel outlets (one shorter than the other) and one positioned higher up in the tank that I assume is for the vacuum hose. The shorter of the fuel line outlets seems to be directed to between the first and second carb (if your sitting on the bike) where I thought the vacuum hose is supposed to go. The other (longer) fuel line off the petcock is the main fuel line that ends up in the center of the carburetors. The bike runs at high RPM's as if there is a problem with the vacuum line since the carbs are clean and seem to be okay. Also the bike is flooding like crazy when shut off. Can anyone help tell me where the appropriate hoses go. Thanks

What year?

Comment

When you say the bike is flooding like crazy when shut off, do you mean that you have gas coming out non stop? Is there a lever on the petcock?

Comment

possibly this petcock has one line for on and one for reserve. it may not have a shut off which the vacuum line was for. so gas might always be able to flow, causing it to flood when its not running. where does the vacuum line out of the 3rd carb go to?

Comment

Working...
        X