Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will an exhaust from an 1100 or 1000 fit my 82 750??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will an exhaust from an 1100 or 1000 fit my 82 750??

Hey, will an exhaust from an 1100 or a 1000 fit my 82 gs(x)750e ???

with a minor adjustment or two they will bolt right up.

Comment

what sort of adjustments? just a few bracket changes??

Comment

monting brackets may need to be fabricated, and the spacing between the middle two cylinders may be differant dependant on what the pipes came from.
        the spacing of the exhaust ports of the middle two cylinders is differant between some of the engines, requiring you to bend the middle pipes in a bit on some headers.

also pipes from a G model 1000 or 1100 will be wider at the mufflers due to the frame being about a inch wider than chain driven GS.

my buddy gave me a stock exhaust system that was originaly on a 750L, he had it on his 1100E (spread the middle pipes 1/4-1/2 inch to fit) and the header part fit on my 1000G after bending the middle two pipes back, but the mufflers were to tight to work without bending in the pass peg mounts.
        they also interfered with the side stand mount.
        as long as you stay with pipes from chain driven GS's you should be fine.

Comment

The spacing of the pipes from a 1000 to 1100 is different.
          The 1100 pipes are wider apart.
          A 1100 pipe will not fit an 1100 without some mods.
          Not sure about the exhaust port spacing on a 750.
          Keith
          -------------------------------------------
          1980 GS1000S, blue and white
          2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

i can get a hold of a stainless 4 into 1 off an 82 1000. So i might try and give that a go........ any thoughts on mufflers???

Comment

Shop around and find one you like here is a link to "some"

OR watch eBay and buy one teken off a newer sportbike and have a mid-pipe connection made by your local welding shop/
              Alot of people been doing that lately-
              I have one for my 82 when it gets here :-D

Comment

hey, i sourced a stainless 4 into 1 and a muffler off an 82 1100 from a wrecker for 200$ aussie which aint too bad. It bolted up sweet, just had to grind down two of the clamp plates to clear some parts of the cylinder head. looks cool. Sounds cooler.

Comment

Working...
                X