1150E carb removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150E carb removal.

Hello everyone, it is finally time to remove the carbs off the bike for cleaning, I don't think I'll have problem removing, are there any tricks to reinstall? I did search, but found nothing on 1150e. I appreciate the info.

ard

Loosen all clamps, pull carbs back, remove boots between carbs and cylinder head, remove carbs toward stator side of motor.
    To install reverse procedure.

Dink

Comment

carb

Hell dink, thank you, for the info, Ill let you know how it works. Happy summer

ard

Comment

re hello

Hi Dink, I am sorry for the first hello. I hope you did not notice it. I meant HELLO.
        As for installing the carbs, after removing the rubber, how easy is to get the rubber on, specially #2 and #3. any thoughts? also the bike runs about eighty percent right now, and from all the research I did indicates some dirt in the carbs, can I get away by taking the carbs out and cleaning all the jets and needles? or you think I should dismantle thoroughly. Thank you in advance.

ard

Comment

I have never had to fully dismantle mine for cleaning (i.e. seperate the rack) be certain to remove and thoroughly clean the emulsion tube; it sits between the main jet and the needle, also buy a cheap brass wire brush pull a "bristle out and clean out the progression holes near the throttle butterfly at the front of the carb.
          It is best work on one carb at a time so you are sure everything goes back where it came from.

Dink

BTW mine started first press of the button last night after a re-build:-D :-D

Comment

1150e

Hey dink, is'nt it a great feeling when the bike starts at first try, and would be greater feeling if it runs good also. thank you for your advice I'll keep you posted.

ard

Comment

My second GS re-build, the first was my Katana; it is "lightly":-D modded, it was a nightmare to get going, but I learnt a lot about how to or mot-to do it. So I approached this a lot more confidently, and it has gone a lot more smoothly. Now it is time to re-build the Katana again (due to the blind being allowed to drive, not mechanical failure)

Dink

Comment

the carb

well I took the carb out as you (Dink) suggested by taking the boots out first, worked out very good, however, I noticed the side of the boots that go to the engine, are very dry and while I was taking them out they were all cracking. I like to get new one of these boots. I went to Alpha sports, I could not find in there list, are there other companyies that sell these boots? are they discontinued? I hope not. any suggestions?

ard

Comment

The carb-to-engine boots are listed with the cylinder head.
                  Todd

Comment

boots

Yah, they are listed with the cylinder head, it took me a while to find out, but thank you. I found them and I ordered new ones, what also I found; I took the carb out and took out all the jets and needles, (actualy two needles only) 1 float needle and the needle the is connected to the slide. everything looked very clean, I re-cleaned anyway, I notice an inline filter attached to the gas line right where it connects to the carb, I am thinking that might have been the reason for my past problems starvation I am thinking to eliminate that in-line filter since, I got new pet cock with new filter, any thoughts?
                    ard

Comment

Originally posted by ard View Post
                      .... I notice an inline filter attached to the gas line right where it connects to the carb, I am thinking that might have been the reason for my past problems starvation I am thinking to eliminate that in-line filter since, I got new pet cock with new filter, any thoughts?
                      ard
                      Some mixed opiniions on the in line filters. Some say they cause restriction/starvation. Personally, as long as it is not under sized, I do not (still a newbie here though). I think they are a good idea as the mesh screen in the petcock only does so much and these carbs are so fussy when it comes to the slightest amount of dirt.

ard, you are not too far away from me, like to meet you & see the bike sometime.

Comment

Welcome to Texas Scott, whereabouts are you????
                        Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                        87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                        99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                        15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o..._Avatar1_1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                          Welcome to Texas Scott, whereabouts are you????
                          My old bike is a TX resident, not me! I'm in Bahstin MA !

Comment

close

Originally posted by ScottMc1100L View Post
                            Some mixed opiniions on the in line filters. Some say they cause restriction/starvation. Personally, as long as it is not under sized, I do not (still a newbie here though). I think they are a good idea as the mesh screen in the petcock only does so much and these carbs are so fussy when it comes to the slightest amount of dirt.

ard, you are not too far away from me, like to meet you & see the bike sometime.
                            Hey, you are right, I am not too far from you, and we are bunch of metrowest Gsers that get together every so often, I am in Wayland MA. I do go to the city very often, I can meet you, or you can come over to my Place. anytime I work out of my home, so I am always home. please PM. me and I send you my info.

ard

Comment

1150e carb install

Hey all, it is together again, thanks to Dink's input to remove the boots first, worked out exellant. to attach to the bike mount the boots last. I had to get new boots because the old ones were dried, however when I started the engine I noticed gasoline is gushing out of the left side carb, could it be that the float is stuck? before I mounted to the bike, I made sure the gasket was in place and everything is tight, has this happen to any of you?.

ard

Comment

Working...
                              X