No announcement yet.

Shim CV Carb Needles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nessism, Start out with what you first did with 2 washers above the clip and see how that does for you. If it's still a little lean and stumbles then remove 1 of the washers. You won't have to remove the carbs again to do this. If you never rode the 550T yet you will love it! I had a 1981 and a 1982 1100L several years back and now have a 77' GS750, 95' Road King, 76' CB750 K6, and a 1982 750 Nighthawk. I have more fun riding this 550. The bike is quick, high reving, agile, and the 6 speed just makes it a blast to ride! Good luck!

Comment

Sounds like you're determined to raise the jet needles. On your CV carbs, that's not going to help the area you want to help.
      I assume this bike is completely stock. Your bike, especially in California, will warm up fine and operate fine at off idle/lower speeds as long as the carbs are clean inside and the floats adjusted per factory and the stock jets are in there. If you like, try some richer mixture screw adjustments. That will address the area you say needs a little help.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
      X