Cylinder base O-rings 1983 GS1100ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys I need a liitle help here. I can't find any info in the two manuals that I have, I've got a factory manual and a Haynes, I think. Anyhow does anybody know if the o-rings on the base of the cylinder block go down in the groove around the sleave or just kind of rest at the top of the goove? The reason I ask is I would think that they go down in the groove, but the two motors I have torn down out in the garage the o-rings are just kind of resting at the top of the groove. Heeellllppp!!! please.

I checked the service manual and it only states "accurately positioned". Since niether of my motors were virgins, I don't know how the factory installed the o-rings. I'm pretty sure I pushed them all the way in and I have had no problems.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Wheelie. My motors where virgins and never have been apart before. Anybody else got any ideas I need to get this thing back together soon.

Comment

I've always installed them in the groove...but found them pulled down after disassembly.
        I think engine vacuum, gravity and temperature all conspire together and pull the o-rings down against the case.
        Mike

Comment

Thanks GS1197TX, I kinda thought that could be whats going on there but I wasn't sure. The manuals that I have just show them at the base of the block.

Comment

Working...
          X