GS1100 Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 Seats

Does anyone know if the seats on the various Models GS1100G, GS1100GK, GS1100L, etc, are interchangeable?

the 1100L will NOT fit 1100G or vice versa
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

G and GK have different padding and shape, but they are interchangeable. The L is different.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Many Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hey Breezy, if you happen to have to many seats for an 1100G, I'm desperate for one!

Comment

Keep in mind the seat changed in , I think 82, I know an 80 seat wont go on an 82 bike. (reference to the 1100G). The 850 G seat also works for the 1100G when the year is correct

Comment

Did anyone ever come up with an answer about a replacement seat for a GS1100G.

I've had my '82 1100gz since 1988 and is now due for it's first rebuild. The bike is complete and pretty much original and should be a problem to return to it former glory except for the seat. The base is a complete rust write off.

Does anyone know if anyone still makes a replacement (of any style) or what if anything can be adapted to fit?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by NickW View Post
                Did anyone ever come up with an answer about a replacement seat for a GS1100G.

I've had my '82 1100gz since 1988 and is now due for it's first rebuild. The bike is complete and pretty much original and should be a problem to return to it former glory except for the seat. The base is a complete rust write off.

Does anyone know if anyone still makes a replacement (of any style) or what if anything can be adapted to fit?

Nick
                They are tough to find. I'm on the lookout for a seat pan for my 82 GK, but do read this thread because I'm considering trying to salvage the old one this way, even if I find another seat. Ultimately, I'd like to mod a couple seats for it for different purposes.

Comment

Yea, I'm part of the 1100GZ need a seat club. I'd settle for a seat pan. For this coming season though I'm going to ride it with the ripped rotted seat I have unless one falls from the sky. I'm thinking if I dress in rags I'll look like a homeless person on a homeless bike! I've pounded the web fairly hard looking for after market solutions and have come up with absolutely nothing.

Comment

Keep your nose in Ebay and there are on-line salvage yards that do a search all over the country for your parts. I've found hard to find parts this way but you do pay the price.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I thought I had an 1100 GL. It's labeled L on the side panel but it is a shaftie which I thought was designated as a G.

Eddie V

Comment

I have a Gs1100 seat on my 78 Gs750. It doesn't line up at all. The only thing that holds it in place is the actual lock mechanism. I have an actual 78 750 seat coming to me next week, so I would be happy to sell my current seat to somebody that needs one for an 1100. I just don't know which model it is off of.

Comment

Originally posted by eddiev View Post
                          I thought I had an 1100 GL. It's labeled L on the side panel but it is a shaftie which I thought was designated as a G.

Eddie V
                          The L model designates the bikes with the more cruiser appearance, smaller gas tank and stepped seat. L models can be either shaft or chain. All shaft drives will have a "G" in the model designation.
                          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

PM sent Andrew.

Comment

So isn't it a GL than? I didn't realize the about the tank being smaller. My manual states it is a 4.3 gallon tank and I never believed it held more that about 3.5. That may explain it. Thanks.
                              Eddie V

Comment

Working...
                              X