We need a rotor to play with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a rotor to play with

My techs have (in their limited spare time) been playing with a couple of refinement ideas for the GS charging system on the whiteboard. I am supporting this project by building them a bench-top Motor/Alternator rig to simulate a GS charging system (without the noise of a reving engine and a CO filled lab). We have a 3-HP DC motor and a PWM DC Speed control so we can efficiently spin-up a rotor from 500 to 10,000 RPM and measure all the loading parameters.
    I am trying to source a GS650GL Alternator Rotor to go with the Stator which we already have for this rig. I can get a new one from Bike Bandit but it’s pricey ](*,) and this would tear into the limited resources we have allocated to this project.
    Anyone out there have a rotor they are willing to sell ....reasonably?

I have one from a 82 GS750T That I would give to you if you pay for shipping. Especially if it helps R&D a better charging system for us! I will need all the amps I can get when I fuel inject my project bike....

Comment

For a guy that's "Not the sharpest loaf of bread in the elevator" , you're generous. Sure we'll pay the shipping. Let's first figure if its the same compatable with the 650 Stator. I'll get back to you on that. Thanks!

Comment

OK! ...it's a match. According to Alpha-Sports.com both the GS650GL and the GS750T carry the same Rotor part # 31402-45110.
        Therefore, we need to ship it to Florida 33178 (my forwarder) let's figure out the shipping cost and I will get the funds to you. Feel free to PM me at cberkeley@yahoo.com
        On Sunday Oct 8 I'm off to New Jersey for a week so I may not have access to e-mail or limited access thereto.

Comment

PM sent! =D>

Comment

Working...
          X